Monday, February 16, 2009

Renters Remorse...

Have you ever rented a movie only to find out it wasn't what you thought it was going to be? I did that last night. I got home from hanging out with the youth kids from church and really needed to unwind (a few were driving me crazy). I was tired of doing homework and wanted to watch a movie. So, I turned to the OnDemand channel to see some of the new releases. I was going through the movies and saw "My Best Friends Girl" with Dane Cook and Kate Hudson in it. I read on the screen that it was the unedited version but didn't think anything of it. I thought I was going to get a funny movie about some relationships. I was right, but I was also wrong. The movie had no laugh out loud moments for me. And it had a lot of words that I would rather not hear (and I would rather my mother not hear while she is trying to sleep in the next room). So I kept the volume down most of the movie so it would wake her up.

About five minutes into the movie I realized I was probably not going to like the movie, but I had just spent $4.99 on it and I was going to watch it. I ended up watching the whole movie. It was not the best or funniest movie in the world, and it was definitely not worth the $5 I spent on it, but I guess it was OK. I will definitely make sure I know what movie I am purchasing before I purchase it next time. I thought I had heard about this movie before and that it was going to be funnier. I guess I was thinking of another movie.

It did remind me of Hitch though and that is a pretty good movie.

It was nice to be able to watch a movie though and not think about work or school for 2 hours. I will have to do this again. Only next time I will know what movie I am going to buy so I won't have renter's remorse again.

On a good note, I am headed to watch Madagascar 2 with the family later this afternoon. I KNOW that movie will be a good one to watch.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've watched my share of movies like that. my mom could relate to the feeling you had though - she took my cousin to see step-bros with my granny! she was rather embarrassed. you know, at one time i liked dane cook.. now i kinda think he's a schmuck.

Cynthia L. H. said...

I agree. It is so frustrating to spend your hard-earned money on nonsense of this form. Sometimes it is difficult to get the type of review that you need in order to be able to make an educated choice.
Aubrey and Evan watch Madagascar 2 and said that they loved it better than the first! I can't wait to see it! :^) Which leads to another subject: watching kid's movies. I LOVE THEM!!!!