Sunday, May 3, 2009

What NOT to Wear…Kasie style

As everyone knows, I REALLY like to people watch. I also like to evaluate what other people are wearing. It's something I have done for as long as I can remember, at least since high school. So the other day I was getting ready for a presentation in my accounting/finance class and was "evaluating" what everyone was wearing. The class was supposed to start at 6:00 p.m. but this kid decides to show up at 5:45 while his group had been working on the slideshow since before 5:30. He walked into the classroom in a shirt with no sleeves and a V-neck. He said he didn't have air-conditioning in his car so he was going to go change. When he came back, he had on a button-up shirt, tie and dress pants. Now you are thinking "What is wrong with that outfit?" Well, he had no belt. That is one fashion mistake that drives me crazy. So in looking at this kid, I got to thinking about some of the other fashion faux-pas that drive me crazy. Here are few. Enjoy (and pray you don't do any of these)!

  1. Shirt tucked in and no belt


How dorky does this look? If you are going to tuck in your shirt, you must wear a belt. Which leads me into number 2.

  1. Black and brown don't mix


You should always make sure that your belt/shoes/coat match. I get onto my sister about this one all the time.

  1. Furry boots and shorts


This is not cute. Either you are cold, or you are hot. It isn't both. What is the point in wearing the boots for winter if you are going to barely cover the rest of your body? I don't get it.

Ok, that's all I can think of right now. Those are the big ones though. Just remember that if you are out in public you are fair game for me to evaluate.

3 comments:

OURedhead said...

I had pictures with this and everything, but it didn't work. Maybe next time. You know what I am talking about though.

ReRe said...

furry boots SHOULD NEVER BE WORN. NEVER.

but i'm not a belt person, so i let that one slide!

Cynthia L. H. said...

You're too funny! Reminds me of Joan Rivers and her daughter who do all of those catty reviews on what not to wear...maybe you just started the Okie version of that! :^)