Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's been a while...

I said I was going to get back into writing on this blog...but I haven't.  I don't feel like I have anything interesting to write about.  This weekend was pretty busy though.  Saturday was my cousin Justin's wedding in Walters.  It was pretty and I got to see a lot of family that I usually only see once a year.  I will get to see them all again in about a month and the family reunion, too.  Love seeing great-aunts and uncles and talking to them.  They have some good stories and knowledge they can pass on.  Justin and Jessica, the newly married couple, had red-velvet cake as the groom's cake.  I was in heaven.  They also had a chocolate fountain so I was able to get some chocolate covered strawberries (love them).  Overall, it was a good time and I hope for nothing but the best for the new couple.

After the wedding, I met up with Candice and Landon and we went to the house of one of their car club friends.  I met a lot of people (I don't remember all the names) and had a good time.  I'm glad I met up with them because I would have sat at home and done nothing all night.  I'm supposed to go to a car show next weekend and hang out with them again.  Should be fun.

Sunday has been a normal day for me.  My stomach has been unhappy this afternoon though so I'm not feeling too well right now.  I did end up taking Boomer over to the dog park for a little bit though.  Someone thought it would be a good idea to bring a boxer into the little dog portion.  Not cool my friend.  So Boomer wanted to meet this dog and they didn't seem to get along.  I didn't think this was a good idea, so I just tried to keep Boomer away from the dog until the guy got smart and took the dog to the big dog area (genius). 

This week doesn't look to be overly exciting except for Thursday when Cristina and ReRe come over for girls night.  I'm cooking for them (!!!).  But the fun will be catching up with them since we haven't had a girls night in over a year.  There will definitely be a lot of laughs.

I will try to be better about posting even if I don't have much to say.  Now that I have finished writing this blog, I've remembered my new "friend" that has graced me with her presence this past week.  I will write about her tomorrow.  She is quite the character.  P.S. Her name is Cacee (and no I didn't make that up).

No comments: